Browns - Coaching Staff/FO discussion | Page 2 | Barking Hard

Browns Coaching Staff/FO discussion

Yes, you are. When I am wrong, I own it. True it rarely happens in football, because it comes naturally to me and I just see things instinctively.

You challenged my character in the other thread by insinuating despite my 9 points the only reason I don't like Stefanski is I wanted another coach hired to begin with. A grudge if you will. This nullifying all my points and instead making them lies because, you know, I am just so mad we didn't hire my guy.

You then challenged my character again in this thread while ignoring all my points. But I am the one being the dick. Ok bud, you win.

Yah, I just find it insulting when I make point after cogent point, and they are all ignored because, you know, I liked some other guy 3 years ago. If he was doing a great job of coaching this football team, I would be thrilled. He isn't the OC, he's the HC.

A lot of us here could make a point of KS being an OC but not a HC. His offensive mind is excellent just like Lindy Infante back in the day. That doesn't always mean he'll be a great HC.

This game was different for KS. He looked like a solid HC by taking the early FG and grabbing a lead instead of going for it on fourth down. It made a difference in the game. FOR OUR DEFENSE! Woods sucks but he got the D to play as well as he could. Mostly because we had the lead the whole time.

Who knows? If KS had coached prior games in a similar way we might have a couple more wins. This game was different for him. I see progression in KS. That's always good.

The D still has huge breakdowns on third down. UNACCEPTABLE breakdowns. CONSISTENT breakdowns. It's been going on since 2021. That guy is truly the guy who has got to go. Priefer is not far behind him either.

He is turning Watson into a dink and dunk QB just like he has every other QB he has ever coached. Maybe he is just easing him in, but I'll believe he is taking the reigns off when I see it.

The guy who deserves a lot of credit for Stefanski's coaching today is, wait for it ........... Tony Grossi! No I am not even really kidding. Dude has been hounding Stefanski every press conference about his cute plays, his horrible calls in the redzone, his inability to just take the easy 3. I think it's had an effect finally, possibly. Way to go Tony! 😄

He is turning Watson into a dink and dunk QB just like he has every other QB he has ever coached. Maybe he is just easing him in, but I'll believe he is taking the reigns off when I see it.

The guy who deserves a lot of credit for Stefanski's coaching today is, wait for it ........... Tony Grossi! No I am not even really kidding. Dude has been hounding Stefanski every press conference about his cute plays, his horrible calls in the redzone, his inability to just take the easy 3. I think it's had an effect finally, possibly. Way to go Tony! 😄

I still don't buy that Watson wanted to run Kevvys offense... I mean of course its dink and dunk... Thats what the WCO is...

• KS + Watson for one more year, barring an epic flame out here to finish
• Woods and Prief … who knows

And I know this isn’t the draft thread, but I am not lamenting the lack of first round picks due to the trade.

Go back and look at our first rounders. They aren’t a pile of studs. Heck go look at the Patriots picks for that matter, as theirs aren’t either.

I think all of us would take MJ Emerson & JOK over Jed Wills. Chubb & Bitonio were 2nd rounders. Teller was a 5th. Looks like Alex Wright is going to replace Clowney in 2023.

So, as far as the GM part of this thread goes, we aiiiight.

• KS + Watson for one more year, barring an epic flame out here to finish
• Woods and Prief … who knows

And I know this isn’t the draft thread, but I am not lamenting the lack of first round picks due to the trade.

Go back and look at our first rounders. They aren’t a pile of studs. Heck go look at the Patriots picks for that matter, as theirs aren’t either.

I think all of us would take MJ Emerson & JOK over Jed Wills. Chubb & Bitonio were 2nd rounders. Teller was a 5th. Looks like Alex Wright is going to replace Clowney in 2023.

So, as far as the GM part of this thread goes, we aiiiight.

Agreed on the staff points. Give me KS + Watson next year with a new DC and ST coach and LFG.

Elite, Franchse QB >>>>> 1st Rd draft picks. It's not even debatable. Great teams are built through FA and trades quicker and more often than they are through drafts. Drafts can add that final piece or two.

However, that having been said, good GM's hit on their 1st rounders. They are the easiest picks to hit on (sans QB).

Given the lack of 1st rounders the GM has to hit on the 2nd rounders. Berry's ability to hit on draft picks becomes much more important now. GM is an issue until he proves he isn't. His drafting has not been good in totality and he has screwed the pooch on OL, DT and WR in the draft. And yes, I know DPJ is turning out to be good, but we passed on some really good WR's for other players that have busted or simply aren't good. His misses have been bad.

We'll see. One thing I know for sure is Deshaun will most likely have some say in what happens next season on offense (personnel, play calls, etc...). Let's hope so because he will emphasize WR's.

I don't really understand this take. We have 1 elite DL (Myles) and 1 very good DL (Clowney). We have zero elite LB and 1 good LB (JOK). We have zero elite CB's, 1 good CB (Ward) and 1 underachieving CB who needs to live up to his draft position (Newsome). We have zero elite Safeties, 1 overpaid FA (JJ) and an inconsistent 2nd rounder (Delpit). Exactly how are we a couple of good DT's from having elite talent?

The reality is our talent was extremely overrated by many and our coaches are extremely incompetent, compounding the issues. DT is definitely the biggest talent issue, but I wouldn't mind upgrades pretty much everywhere

We won't be able to afford upgrades anywhere. I'd disagree on our CBs, Ward is elite when healthy, Newsome is pretty good and Emerson could be very good. Overall, I'd say our CBs are excellent. Walker and JOK are both solid at LB. But we can only improve through the draft because of how much we're paying Watson.

What NFL team has won the SB lately with a QB making 25% of a team's salary cap?

We won't be able to afford upgrades anywhere. I'd disagree on our CBs, Ward is elite when healthy, Newsome is pretty good and Emerson could be very good. Overall, I'd say our CBs are excellent. Walker and JOK are both solid at LB. But we can only improve through the draft because of how much we're paying Watson.

What NFL team has won the SB lately with a QB making 25% of a team's salary cap?

We will restructure some current deals and have plenty of cap space next year. So we will absolutely be able to afford upgrades in critical areas.

Is it true that the cap will go up after this year? I heard something about that before the start of the season, but nothing concrete.

We'll need to sign Anthony Walker Jr the heart and soul leader of the D and possibly the team and maybe rework MG.

Anthony Walker Jr.

Holy Mackerel!!

The unknowns surrounding Sunday Ticket create a little uncertainty with sending out a cap estimate, but the $220 million number might wind up being low if the streamers get into a last-minute bidding war. The NFL's lucrative new television deal is already set to begin in 2023.

A 12 mil bump potentially?!! That's a ton of space if it gets that high, but even if it only bumps up to 10 mil, and we can redo a couple contracts like MG's and Ward's? We can get a couple things done. If it goes higher than 220 then who knows because a shit ton of teams will be competing for the best FA's?

2023 is a damn good year for the top FA's

Last edited:
LOL, the NFL is gonna get like the NBA. "We paid dozens of million for who?!"

What is the word on Sunday Ticket anyways. Haven't thought about that in a while.

Is Apple still the leader in the clubhouse?

Top Bottom