NFL Draft - 2024 NFL Draft | Page 3 | Barking Hard

NFL Draft 2024 NFL Draft

Draft picks are important. Luckily, right now, we don't have a lot of holes to fill. The pain from losing all those draft picks for Watson is over. The money doesn't matter because big-pockets Jimmy don't give a fuck about money.

The pain of getting practically nothing out of Watson for two years can be cured by him returning to form. I hope he feels the pressure and it motivates him. We've got a much better receiving corps for him this season. Unfortunately, I can't see Chubb contributing a lot this season, at least not early, so our offense is going to live or die by how Watson plays. Thankfully, the defense should be really good again.
What do you mean, getting nothing?
We made the playoffs!

I mean we haven't gotten anything significant from Watson. No doubt Berry and Stefanski have been very effective building and leading this team, thanks to big-pockets Jimmy writing those 50+ million-dollar checks. If Watson had had mediocre seasons, we'd have won several playoff games last season if not the whole banana. The success of the team last year was in spite of Watson, except for the fact Watson made Cleveland a more desirable destination for other players. I expect us to be either really good (like last season) or really great, depending on Watson's ability or inability to get back to being a top 10 QB.

Browns picks 2024​

*Jeudy was a first rounder, and this year’s fifth and sixth were used to get him (as we all know). Neither pick was ours btw, the 5th was from the Baker trade and the 6th from the Watson trade.

Just posting a concise list

And in his 3 full seasons, he’s averaging 860 yards/season. One season he only played 10 games due to injury, but was on track to be around 800 that season.

When you consider 27% of first round WR’s don’t work out, it all seems pretty darn good. Not necessarily “huge” or anything, but at least shrewd.

I heard on one of the draft broadcasts that Jowon Briggs was likely a high priority UDFA and wouldn't be happy being drafted in the 7th round.

SSHhhiiiitttt...just being drafted into the NFL at any round is a lifetime achievement if you ask me. Maybe I'm wrong?

I heard on one of the draft broadcasts that Jowon Briggs was likely a high priority UDFA and wouldn't be happy being drafted in the 7th round.

SSHhhiiiitttt...just being drafted into the NFL at any round is a lifetime achievement if you ask me. Maybe I'm wrong?
Yes and no. If you are 7th rounder you prefer at that point to be UDFA which allows you to choose which team you sign with.

I read that some udfa make more rookie money than 7th rounders bc they can negotiate their deals if there are enough teams interested. 7th round picks (really, all of the rounds) have a set contract value.

Dunno how true that is, what the highest signing bonusses are for udfas as compared to late round picks, but it sounds plausible.

Here's my order of excitement on these picks ...

Hall - super young, yet will likely beat out Ika easily, and will rotate, so a contributor.
Watson - a lot of marketshare and accolades ... always has played special teams. Takitaki replacement
Harden - very good per game numbers and grades, talks a LOT, confident kid
Zinter - using our second overall pick on a guy who will 100% be a back up ... probably smart for the long run, but not exciting
Briggs - massively strong
Thrash - cool name but reportedly does nothing special, small hands, had some drops last year. However unlike Bell, he's done special teams, has been a gunner, etc.

Caleb Williams ..... I'm nick naming him... #18 Sure Thing
What pre draft QB's have been called can't miss ? Luck,Peyton,Elway. missing any ? none of those looked this good out the gate.

Chicago Bears • Hard Knocks (pretty good this year) ‘Hard Knocks’ lack of profanity is sign of ‘respect’ for Bears owners

Trevor Lawrence was called a can't miss. I am sure there have been others. Only those called can't miss and didn't miss get remembered as the can't miss.

I am interested to see how Williams plays once real games start

Trevor Lawrence was called a can't miss. I am sure there have been others. Only those called can't miss and didn't miss get remembered as the can't miss.

I am interested to see how Williams plays once real games start
In this era... surely some said Johnny Manziel was a Can't miss. but not a consensus. or most knowledgeable's.

Top Bottom