Browns - Deshaun Watson - Football Talk | Page 47 | Barking Hard

Browns Deshaun Watson - Football Talk

I’m not sure they have.

As we sit here, we have 3 players drafted in the “Watson era” (or slightly pre-Watson era) who are getting probowl talk.

It’s not first rounder Wills, who was appropriately drafted at the time, and yes was becoming serviceable, but is not a probowl first rounder.

It’s not first rounder Newsome, who has been very very good, but is not a probowl first rounder.

It’s 2021 2nd rounder JOK, 2022 3rd rounder MJE, and 2023 4th rounder Big Thanos.

Recall 50% of first round picks work out in the end, and the % drops off dramatically after that.

And what’s holding the team back?

Stefanski? Not a Watson trade component
Chubb injury? Yep, that’s not helping
QB1 injury? Yep, a QB1 injury no matter who it is hurts a team
Undermanned D? Nope
Bad special teams? Nope

So I don’t think the lack of first rounders has hurt us 1iota. Mainly because AB has signed FA’s well and drafted well, and as mentioned, because Jimmy has outspent everyone — which is the most atypical part of the block buster trade, and throws every other trade comparison off.

What’s hurt us most is injuries to RB1 and QB1.

We may be 9-1, with wins in Pittsburgh (with Watson) and wins in Seattle (Chubb on the 3rd down play) if those two were healthy. And it’s too bad, because the world wants to call this the worst trade ever so so badly.

Every single good team right now gravitates to the mean if their QB1 and RB1 go out for the season. Chiefs, Eagles, Cowboys, Niners … all of them.

Except that we got 1st round talents in both of those drafts. CB Emerson and rookie RT Jones. Those two guys easily make the 1st round picks we traded away as nothing more than a paper trail.
More talent is always good. Losing three first round draft picks for a QB that has been a bust, for the most part, is always bad. You cannot argue that we would not be better off with the 1st round picks over what Watson has been for us so far. The book is still open on Watson, but he'd have to take us to the promised land next season for this trade to EVER be seen as a good one for Cleveland. I hope he does, but I have my doubts.

I think we all agree we have a bit of concern about this trade. $, picks, return to form, or health. It’s on all our minds to a degree.

And I have no shame in admitting I’m happy we’re one draft away from being done with the draft pick thing.

Back to normal drafting in 17 months.

Last century for me, but a fraternity brother was working there at the time for extra cash
My first Hot Buttered Steak was about 1972 and at least once a month the next 30 years. didn't eat much else off their menu.

oh my they are $7.29 now. my first was around $1.09 - 1.29. my last about $5

Last edited:
Jersey Mikes..
They suck. ever get near a Capriottis give them a try. extra meat & sweet peppers will get you for $20 + tip but it's great.
their Capastrami sandwich is my Fav.

They suck. ever get near a Capriottis give them a try. extra meat & sweet peppers will get you for $20 + tip but it's great.
their Capastrami sandwich is my Fav.
The Jersey Mikes in Willoughby is good.. They run a good , clean store there.. However, 5 Guys is absolutely disgusting.. Worst burger I ever had in my life!.. And that's being kind... It's like trying to get a greasy hockey puck down your gullet

Who knew a Mr Hero sandwich would bring out all the Goomba's to this thread?!
I Understand Marlon Brando GIF by The Godfather

Top Bottom