Browns - Deshaun Watson - Football Talk | Page 48 | Barking Hard

Browns Deshaun Watson - Football Talk

26-8 for Baker in 2020, 33-7 for Watson in 2020. And that was on a pass happy team vs a run heavy team. So far 100 million+ for 14 - 9 in 2 years. But I agree, the shot on Watson wasn't crazy, but so far it's the biggest miss on a QB in NFL history, in regard to production v price.

Russell Wilson/DEN might have something to say about that. Dak and Daniel Jones may also want to stake their claim.

With Watson they knew going in he'd miss some if not all of 2022. The injuries in 2023 were unfortunate.
The play in 2023 was also mediocre at best. One really good half, and even that half was all off script. Watson looked uncomfortable in the offense every game. Denver got by far more production from Wilson than we have gotten from Watson. But yeah, that might be the 2nd worse ever.

Andrew Luck was a damn good QB that quit after getting paid but to make this out as the worst before his third season seems rushed.

He's got one more try and likely two. My guess is the FO will want to see him for at least 15 games to determine if he's forgotten how to play QB in the NFL at a very high level.

Andrew Luck was a damn good QB that quit after getting paid but to make this out as the worst before his third season seems rushed.

He's got one more try and likely two. My guess is the FO will want to see him for at least 15 games to determine if he's forgotten how to play QB in the NFL at a very high level.
Which is why is said "SO FAR it's the biggest miss on a QB in NFL history."

No doubt he has a chance to rectify this. I hope he does. But SO FAR, it's been a disaster.
And Andrew Luck wasn't traded for and paid a huge salary for little production.

My guess is the FO will want to see him for at least 15 games to determine if he's forgotten how to play QB in the NFL at a very high level.
Again, that will be the excuse if he doesn't play well early in the season. He should have a full off season and be ready to go game 1 with no FUCKING EXCUSES. This is his third season with Stefanski. No excuses for not looking comfortable in the system. No excuses for throwing pick 6s. No excuses for anything. If he doesn't deliver at the very least a solid season this year, only a Super Bowl could save this deal in its 4th season.

Laurence Fishburne Pop GIF by ABC Network

What was actually said when asked if the break may have occurred in week 3

“Possibly,” he said at his press conference to kick off the Browns’ nine-week voluntary offseason program. “Possibly. I’m not even sure. Yeah, possibly.”

Words matter

Top Bottom