Baker Mayfield 2020 | Page 46 | Barking Hard

Baker Mayfield 2020

The logic is that Baker will cost more by this time next year. Signing him now will save money later on.
The converse of that is he could cause you cap/dead money this time next year and beyond if they extended him now (ala Goff, Wentz, and Bortles).

Next QB up is almost always going to be more than the guy before him. CLE just needs to avoid following Jackson and Allen contracts. But I don't think BUF or BAL will be extending those guys yet either

As I said earlier there are different ways to spread out the contract(s). Money up front. Money backloaded. Non guaranteed or guaranteed money. Pro rated portions such as making the team and 4,000 yards passing, in Baker's case. There is tons of creative ways to do these high end deals.

Sure I like being at .500 or better. but how much do you pay for that ?

maybe better wording for me would be top 5 paid QB's that won a SB ?
just seems once these QB's get the BIG money they mostly don't get it done. half don't even keep up the same level they had.
Brady maybe? But that's all relative to current market values. Three or four years from now 30 mil will be a steal for a good QB.
Has TB12 ever been the top paid QB ?
comparing him to anyone is just crazy anyway. imo what has made him the GOAT is not so much his skills but his leadership. it's kinda like earning a billion dollars the next billion is easier to get.

I'm not saying we should not pay him. the reason we should is our history of bad FO decision making. I just also never seeing us winning a SB with him either. hope I'm wrong.

Has TB12 ever been the top paid QB ?
comparing him to anyone is just crazy anyway.
It was his salary and ships, not his skills I was tossing out. Just FYI. I know he is incomparable except maybe Otto Graham in that he won multiple ships from the git go and never stopped.

Btw, I heard a few days ago that Baker's first three season's stats are nearly identical to TB's first three seasons. :cool:

Last edited:
wait and see - I predict a SB appearance this year
you know who I dont see winning another superbowl? russell wilson
KS started to let bake loose towards the end of the year,next year I expect a much more confident and open style of playcalling
there will be more points,more yards and more TD's than last year and we go 14-3 (17 games?)
a top 5 team in the NFL

It's coming soon. KS had to get Baker straightened out after the bufoonery know as Hue and Freddie. It took half a season to unfuck his head, but Baker was pretty... pretty... pretty... good the last half of the season. Now he can run this offense with all the bells and whistles in year two and not have to think as much.

TB wasn't playing in a division that included 4 games every year against pit and b'more either. He played the jets, bills and dolphins. So it's nice to have 6 easy wins to practice with. ;)
TB was 4-2 in division THAT year. beating them steelers to go and win that SB.
besides if Baker is good/great no excuses. surely you would not like him passing them around.
our best chance of winning a SB with Baker is with a strong Defense, that can make 4th qtr Stops.

Last edited:
Top Bottom