Browns - Stefanski | Page 19 | Barking Hard

Browns Stefanski

I will say, until he flames out for a season, or two, with a legit QB1, he's earned a little bit of a longer leash.

Please just give us Chubb, Watson, Amari and decent OL health for a season. We know we won't get 100% health, but it does happen. As I've said elsewhere, the Bills O-Line and Josh Allen were 100% healthy last year, finished with the same reg season record as we did, and only went one notch further in the playoffs.

BTW, it sure helps that Stefanski tends to win at home. We were 8-1 last year.

He isn't flawless, but this "6 win" prediction shit may have flied since the return in '99, but it doesn't any more. Not since AB and KS arrived. If shit goes sideways, we're likely a 0.500 team at worst. If things go well, we're a 0.750 team division winners and playoff bound.

He is not irreplaceable.
I'd say only the top 5 coaches in the league get that level of security. KS is top 10 ish.
Has to do more to even be in the same sentence has Reid, Harbaugh, Shannahan, etc.

Oh, and heck with Demeco Ryans. Real good job Buddy. The hottest rookie QB of the decade. Let's see you do it with a pile of retred, XFL, and rookie QB's.

In the case of Ryan's while you can say he had Stroud does all credit go to Stroud? No one can say Stroud would have that same year under any other HC or at least rookie HC. How much is Stroud, how much is Ryan's, is it the combo, etc.

I'd suggest not trying to do any of that comparison. KS has certainly shown he is a legit NFL coach. He will be a HC in the NFL for many more years, be it all in CLE or elsewhere.

I have some doubt creeping up in my mind that we will never see Chubb be great for the Browns again. Because part of what made Chubb great was Callahan. We'll see.

We will need massive amounts of hero ball from Watson for this offense to succeed. It certainly won't succeed based on the past evidence of how our offensive woes continue year after year since Stefanski was hired. We saw it last game from Watson, the problem being can he stay healthy playing hero ball.

I have some doubt creeping up in my mind that we will never see Chubb be great for the Browns again. Because part of what made Chubb great was Callahan. We'll see.

We will need massive amounts of hero ball from Watson for this offense to succeed. It certainly won't succeed based on the past evidence of how our offensive woes continue year after year since Stefanski was hired. We saw it last game from Watson, the problem being can he stay healthy playing hero ball.
If this organization can’t survive the loss of an o-line coach than it truly was a house of cards.
It’s gonna take 6-8 games im afraid to figure it out. Lets hope were still near .500 and can really let the defense start taking over games until then!

Chubb was a beast his first two years, which was before Callahan was on the Browns staff. Seeing Chubb being great again or not in any NFL uniform is going to come down to his recovery from his injury. Not who is OL coach is.

Steff and staff have managed to have complimentary football offense with just about anyone at QB. Managed a top 10 scoring offense with 4 different guys playing QB last year, and Chubb out.

As of now they don't need hero ball from Watson, which he really hasn't shown he can still do. What they need is Watson to just keep progressing back to trusting his eyes and letting it rip. Week one he was hesitant and late, a lot. Last week much better than the first. This week is a good opportunity for him to further progress.

Top Bottom