Browns - Stefanski | Page 20 | Barking Hard

Browns Stefanski

I think Chubb will always be great and I'm pretty sure that ownership, the FO and the staff will work to keep him here to retire as a Brown. His recovery from this latest injury is directly related to his health and we've seen Chubbs's progress in videos of his insane squats & running.

Chubb's progress is related to the OLine play the same as Watson's progress is related to WR's (Cooper), catching easy passes and the OLine play picking up stunts...loops as the new gen calls them. We see the OLine problem reflected in the fact that KS isn't a DA and will use 7 OLinemen to run the ball. That will get fixed sooner than later. Hopefully.

Anyway, if the OLine sucks it diminishes the RB and the QB play.

Anyone agree?

It just doesn’t make sense! When DW is under center the team just feels blah! Even though he’s doing okay and putting up decent numbers, there’s no life.

I guess that could have to do with drops and Swiss cheese oline but it feels like something else is at play here. Maybe he just shuts down when things aren’t going his way? Maybe that’s just his demeanor?

I don’t know why but it feels like a different team when he’s out there.

Read the end of that article.

calls out KS if he gets hurt on a running play…

Things are not like
They seem
He did not call out Steff. He called out the media for what they would be writing.

You said you’re not looking for more designed runs, but just the threat of you as an athletic quarterback, how can that help you guys in the run game making them account for all 11 guys?

“I mean, it can. It possibly can, so I won’t say that it won’t help out the offense as far as just the run game. But I mean, coming back from an injury I don’t think that is high priority for Kevin to put me in that situation because go out there, and in design run and something happens, then it’s like you’re mad at Kevin. So I feel like it’s a lose-lose situation.

Deshaun Watson on Wyatt Teller, the offense, and more: Transcript

Thank God for the Guardians first off.

Ken Carman on 92.3theFan this morning said KS didn't want to get rid of AVP & Dorsey was forced on him. Idk about that but if true and combined with Schwartz and Vrabel there seems to be a message being sent to KS. Possibly higher up too.

Carman added the players had a players only team meeting on Saturday and it did nothing as the team quit yesterday. It looks like this is the beginning of the end if you ask me. For KS at least. Haslam has said more than once the organization is directionally correct. That will be tested too.

There's no way Stefanski is getting fired, especially after his 2nd COY in 4 years. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of his pressers as they are nothing more than empty coach speak. I realize he's not going to get into any detail or substance publicly, but it's tiresome to even watch, especially after another debacle. Even if he doesn't elaborate with any substance, his consistent schtick of "needing to coach better" yada, yada yada is about as effective as Miles Garrett and his goose egg in any stat category yesterday.

One thing he should talk about is how his teams consistently play with a lack of discipline, continuous pre-snap penalties, etc., that's squarely on him, and as beat writer Terry Pluto consistently mentions. Another thing I find quite irritating, and somewhat ridiculous, is how his players (specifically on D) show boat and act when making routine plays. Moreover, when they are down double digits in the game to boot...that, in my opinion, is also a reflection on the coach.

Top Bottom