Browns - Stefanski | Page 21 | Barking Hard

Browns Stefanski

We are screwed for two more years. Usually, the coach goes before the highly paid QB. But Watson's been so ineffective. . . .

Where's Flacco when you need him? Oh yeah, we didn't want to put too much pressure on Watson, so we paid Winston 4 million instead of paying Flacco 4 million. Brilliant!

Stefanski is all but gone, it doesn't look like Schwartz is going to save him this season.

Berry and Stefanski pushed Haslem to drop Baker and go for Watson. Haslem loved him some Baker.
BM wanted out when he heard AB was looking into Watson. He started pouting & requested a trade. Watson didn't want to come here but AB had to have a QB. BM is directly responsible for the Browns acquisition of Watson. I doubt if Haslem did not approve of all that guaranteed money beforehand too.

BM is directly responsible for the Browns acquisition of Watson
I don’t recall any of the other players having BMs back during that season long tantrum. They had KSs back and all laughed at Baker when he said it was a toxic situation.

Regardless who anyone wants to blame, once one side makes it public, it’s all about done!

I doubt that any of the BM trade request has much impact on Dorsey's hiring either, but somebody in Berea really liked him. Liked him so much to let AVP go and the offense has fallen since.

I see bad OLine play from Pocic, Bitonio, D Jones and Zinter. That's a lot. I also see Watson off his game too and what we used to do in these situations is just give the ball to Chubb. When KS' offense wasn't working we'd give the ball to Chubb and he usually saved games for us. That's gone and neither KS or Dorsey has a plan to fix it.

Chubb’s not easily replaced and when you build an offense around that kind of talent you’re fucked when it’s absent.

If I recall, he was the leading rusher 2-3 weeks after he was injured! That’s crazy!

AB tried to get some WR speed but it hasn't worked out and it allows defense to pack it in the box.

My overall point is blaming one guy is foolish. Winston will see the same BS as Watson. Dropped balls, ME's and penalties. It's too much for a KS offense to overcome.

Watson's biggest problem, in my opinion, is that he's lost a step or two. In Houston, he played with an equally bad offensive line early in his career. But he was able to create space with his feet and then look downfield for open receivers. Now, when he breaks the pocket, he gets run down by D-linemen and has no time to look for open receivers. And I think his arm isn't back to full strength.

That said, the Browns as a whole have significantly regressed. O-line injuries sure don't help. But it looks to me as if we have a big morale and confidence issue. We just aren't playing as hard as we did last season. I don't think that's Watson's fault, but I wonder what Cooper really thinks about Watson as a QB right now.

Just one play i know.
Exactly. Just one play as if we are to forget that he dropped the ball in a bucket to Cooper for the first TD in the game against the Giants and more recently the dime for a TD to Jeudy in the end zone that hit him square in the numbers and he dropped not to mention the Cedric Tillman boink off his chest that could have kept a potential game winning drive alive. Toss in some untimely fumbles and penalties and that's us.

People want Watson's ass to hang. I get it. We'll see much of the same with Winston or DTR at QB. Maybe worse. Then what?

Exactly. Just one play as if we are to forget that he dropped the ball in a bucket to Cooper for the first TD in the game against the Giants and more recently the dime for a TD to Jeudy in the end zone that hit him square in the numbers and he dropped not to mention the Cedric Tillman boink off his chest that could have kept a potential game winning drive alive. Toss in some untimely fumbles and penalties and that's us.

People want Watson's ass to hang. I get it. We'll see much of the same with Winston or DTR at QB. Maybe worse. Then what?
We need DW to to ball out. The sooner the better. For the amount of time he’s guaranteed to be here. We can definitely create an offense around him.

Sorry, dude, Watson looks horrible. Yeah, his WRs have let him down more than usual for a team, but his overall performance so far this year even if we had half the drops would still be bottom 10 NFL QB.

I'd like nothing better than if it were true that Watson is playing really well and our woes are on everyone else but him. That would be fixable. But Watson is slow and not seeing the field and has no confidence. Perhaps this week he'll get it together and play like we expected him to when we traded for him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom