Browns - Stefanski | Page 23 | Barking Hard

Browns Stefanski

I don't for one single second think Watson simply lost his talent.

What has me annoyed with Watson is there is talk he hasn't been working hard. Talk he didn't take the offseason seriously. Same shit I hated Baker for.

Very unlike him from everything we heard in the past.

Could it be he just can't stand Stefanski which I knew from the jump despite what he said publicly? Maybe not the man, but the offense. Either way, I can't stand for not working hard enough. Dude is never in Cleveland, flying all over the fucking world. Pretty sure he was in Saudi Arabia longer than he was in Cleveland this offseason working on the new offense.

What has me annoyed with Watson is there is talk he hasn't been working hard. Talk he didn't take the offseason seriously. Same shit I hated Baker for.

Could it be he just can't stand Stefanski which I knew from the jump despite what he said publicly? Maybe not the man, but the offense. Either way, I can't stand for not working hard enough. Dude is never in Cleveland, flying all over the fucking world. Pretty sure he was in Saudi Arabia longer than he was in Cleveland this offseason working on the new offense.
260 Million will change your perspective and motivation. And give you a lot of other priorities. Baker was just lazy and fat and had the big head after his first year. I fear Watson would rather be somewhere else spending his bank. Like in Saudi where you can pay for hand jobs without fear of being sued.

I think the physical talent is mostly still there. IMO, it's the mental side that has completely dropped off a cliff.

I'm not a QB expert so I can only go by what these All-22 breakdowns show. It's showing a guy who looks lost and doesn't know how to run this offense effectively. Even in a clean pocket he has, for the most part, looked bad.

I agree with you that he most likely was not a fan of Stefanski's offensive scheme (that's why we saw the Dorsey hire after AVP was forced out). He also isn't a fan of the weather up here. He's also probably not a fan of many things in Cleveland since he is barely ever here until he has to be. Let's be real, he never wanted to come to Cleveland. Remember how he had the Browns out of the running by 10 AM that morning? Then AB tells his agent they will fully guarantee a $230M contract, Jimmeh signs the check, and boom all of a sudden he chooses Cleveland.

That all brings me back around to the mental side of things. He's not all-in because he was never all-in with the trade to begin with. He wanted Carolina or Atlanta.

I'm sure he still wants to win and play like an elite QB, but I think he wants that more for himself than he does the team, because deep down he can't wait to get out of here.

If the players, staff and FO know that this is true they should tell him,

" Play your ass off to a level that is commensurate to a 1st round pick and we'll trade you. If you continue to play average ball your value here is worth more to us atm. We'll work with you on getting you out, but you need to help the situation by balling out."

These conversations aren't that hard for adults and Watson should be listening.

All of that is if Watson doesn't want to be here.

Watson is the problem, what that problem is I have no idea. This team is different without him, I can’t explain it.

He clearly wants to play, he clearly wants to rebuild his brand. He may just be in his own head like everyone else in life!

He left out the part that it was against a terrible Eagle defense. If TBPP wants to hang on until the bitter end defending Watson's play as an NFL QB for the Cleveland Browns, it's well within his rights. Keep going, Bro, perhaps you're right and Watson is playing fantastic and we're all simply blind.

He left out the part that it was against a terrible Eagle defense. If TBPP wants to hang on until the bitter end defending Watson's play as an NFL QB for the Cleveland Browns, it's well within his rights. Keep going, Bro, perhaps you're right and Watson is playing fantastic and we're all simply blind.
You’re coming from a different place than I am Martin.
I’m willing to hear all sides and yes the obvious is what seems like a dunk. Things are never that clear cut in a team game though.

You’re coming from a different place than I am Martin.
I’m willing to hear all sides and yes the obvious is what seems like a dunk. Things are never that clear cut in a team game though.
Yeah, Watson was not horrible against a really bad Eagles defense in the 2nd half. But he was not great either. He has lost his ability to escape the rush, something he was fantastic at in Houston. Right now, in his career, Watson is a bottom 10 NFL QB, at best. I'll be very glad to be wrong.

Poor Martin. /sigh I didn't say or defend anything, I posted another persons contrary view. But if I were a betting man, I'd bet Watson outlasts Stefanski, and the next guy we hire wants to keep Watson. Could be wrong, and honestly don't care at this point.

If they don't fire everyone, my view is we will waste our upcoming draft picks, and it will be the same old Browns is the Browns and I might not live long enough to see a Superbowl. It's hard to even spend time on them anymore.

Where are you leaning to right this ship? Realistically?
DW is historically bad? We are pulling half game stats to prop him up? I see disfunction all over.

We’re just bad. We used to be fun to watch last year. That’s all gone. Even a few wins doesn’t seem like it will cleanse the palette of our stink…(who am i kidding)lol

Our only path to relevance is firing the clowns that run the team, including the coach. Last year Schwartz saved our season ....this year, he can't. They've had 5 years with probably the best roster in a generation ...they ran it into the ground.

Poor Martin. /sigh I didn't say or defend anything, I posted another persons contrary view. But if I were a betting man, I'd bet Watson outlasts Stefanski, and the next guy we hire wants to keep Watson. Could be wrong, and honestly don't care at this point.

If they don't fire everyone, my view is we will waste our upcoming draft picks, and it will be the same old Browns is the Browns and I might not live long enough to see a Superbowl. It's hard to even spend time on them anymore.

Stefanski wanted Watson, clearly. Though I'm not sure he hasn't changed his mind. Usually, it's the coach that goes before the QB, especially one making this kind of money, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Kev's teams have exceeded expectations almost every season, except the one Baker got hurt in. Last year, with the QB carousel, Stefanski coached his ass off. This year with old, washed-up-looking Watson, things look rough. But I doubt many in the building watching Watson so far believe all he needs is a new coach, a new scheme, and he'll be back on top of the league. My money would be on the Browns jumping ship and drowning in the dead cap space.

The organization was ready to pay BM. They were talking somewhere around high 30 mil at that time, but BM got pissy when he heard AB was checking on Watson and requested a trade.

Right. . . the Browns would have not signed Watson if Baker hadn't requested a trade after the Browns said they wanted an "adult" at QB and were openly pursuing Watson. That's the way it happened. I forgot. God Dammit Baker, us having to put up with a shit QB is all your fault! Baker could have just stayed here as Watson's back-up. Instead, he chose to leave and ended up in a stable organization and is a top 5 NFL QB this season and Watson is a bottom 5 QB. That's what happens when you draft Sooners! Ungrateful bastards try to play when they are hurt and ruin your team.

"AB was 'checking' on Watson." Now that's funny!

The Browns were done with Baker long before he was done with them. And Karma again seems to be a bitch.

Top Bottom