Browns - Stefanski | Page 24 | Barking Hard

Browns Stefanski

We used to be fun to watch last year.
They were also fun to watch when Brisset was under center. Keep in mind Brisset got benched this week. I don’t love KS but he doesn’t deserve to take all the blame.

My guess is the weight of that contract is too heavy for everyone. When DW is under center the expectations are super high and it seems they play tight because of it.

DW, KS, AB and Haslam have to try and make that business decision work! With all the $$ plus legal issues it felt sketchy from the beginning. Now they are the laughingstock again and probably too embarrassed to admit they failed.

Then add the fact that the offense is battered with injuries again. It’s a mess. Oline on the backups to the backups. Almost zero run game. Leading the league with drops. It’s a no win situation.

Right. . . the Browns would have not signed Watson if Baker hadn't requested a trade after the Browns said they wanted an "adult" at QB and were openly pursuing Watson. That's the way it happened. I forgot. God Dammit Baker, us having to put up with a shit QB is all your fault! Baker could have just stayed here as Watson's back-up. Instead, he chose to leave and ended up in a stable organization and is a top 5 NFL QB this season and Watson is a bottom 5 QB. That's what happens when you draft Sooners! Ungrateful bastards try to play when they are hurt and ruin your team.

"AB was 'checking' on Watson." Now that's funny!

The Browns were done with Baker long before he was done with them. And Karma again seems to be a bitch.
Show me your timeline about the "adult" at QB thing. It's been awhile I could be wrong, but I thought that was after BM got pissy about Watson.
AB's MO has always been to check into these guys. You need only look at OBJ. Cooper. Z and others. The latest was Brandon Aiyuk.
You have a serious blind spot my friend.

♥️♥️ Baker♥️♥️
Ryan Reynolds Smile GIF

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Show me your timeline about the "adult" at QB thing. It's been awhile I could be wrong, but I thought that was after BM got pissy about Watson.
AB's MO has always been to check into these guys. You need only look at OBJ. Cooper. Z and others. The latest was Brandon Aiyuk.
You have a serious blind spot my friend.

♥️♥️ Baker♥️♥️
Ryan Reynolds Smile GIF

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

"But the final straw for Mayfield, according to multiple sources, came on March 16, when ESPN NFL insider Chris Mortensen said he believed Mayfield's time in Cleveland was over and that he was told the Browns wanted "an adult" at quarterback. The next day, Mayfield requested a trade. The day after that, on March 18, the Browns landed Watson, signing him to a five-year deal worth a record $230 million, fully guaranteed."

The organization was ready to pay BM. They were talking somewhere around high 30 mil at that time, but BM got pissy when he heard AB was checking on Watson and requested a trade.
Ok. I'm not going to argue this. Mostly because you are standing on, "but he started it"!!
#adults

Uh. . . well. . . you kind of started this narrative that the Browns were ready to pay Baker. Which is clearly bullshit. They had chosen their man before the Pittsburgh game. I mean. . . if you think the Browns were staying with Baker until he asked for a trade and then pulled off the trade for Watson the very next day, well. . . .

And I have agreed that Baker didn't do himself any favors by calling out Stefanski after the Pittsburgh game for not having a game plan to stop TJ Watt, and Baker wasn't mature at this point in his career. And I don't really blame Berry for trading for a guy most everyone in the league considered a top 5 NFL franchise QB. I like Berry and think he's done a good job, for the most part. But he will forever be graded on the Watson trade, which is, at least for now, possibly the worst trade in NFL history.

Last edited:
Stefanski does not lead. Stefanski does not inspire. Stefanski is a robot who uses numbers only to attempt to run a football team. He isn't cut out for it. Five years of excuses after inheriting a wide open Superbowl window.

So boring.

FTR even though I have already stated it in other ways, it goes over some heads. I don't give a shit what happens with Watson. Stefanski needs to go. He's awful and he always has been.
The book on Stefanski when we hired him was he was good at taking average QBs and elevating their game with his garbage offense, but when it came to QBs who had all the tools, he was incapable of utilizing them. He has never been able or maybe willing to adapt in his entire career. Ask Baker privately, I know exactly what he would say.

Last edited:
Stefanski does not lead. Stefanski does not inspire. Stefanski is a robot who uses numbers only to attempt to run a football team. He isn't cut out for it. Five years of excuses after inheriting a wide open Superbowl window.

So boring.

FTR even though I have already stated it in other ways, it goes over some heads. I don't give a shit what happens with Watson. Stefanski needs to go. He's awful and he always has been.
The book on Stefanski when we hired him was he was good at taking average QBs and elevating their game with his garbage offense, but when it came to QBs who had all the tools, he was incapable of utilizing them. He has never been able or maybe willing to adapt in his entire career. Ask Baker privately, I know exactly what he would say.

Exactly when was this Super Bowl window? 2021? Watson's last horrid three seasons? I think we were a serious contender in 2021, at least until Baker got hurt. But Watson's first year? Watson's 2nd year was supposed to be the year, but Watson was "rusty". This season was also supposed to be the year, Watson coming off of a complete off-season. Look how that's working out.

Is Kev doing a good job this season? Hell no. Name someone on this team that is. Perhaps JOK. That's about it. Remember your mantra -- you need a franchise QB to win in this league. We still don't have one.

Top Bottom