Topic of the Day | Page 49 | Barking Hard

Topic of the Day

Putin already has Crimea and the Donbas. Crimea voted to stay with Russia after 2014 even though the CIA Psych ops was in full operation.
We (west])provoked this war with Russia through the decades of NATO expansion/Imperialism.
true

It's why BRICS got started and it intends to shift current worldwide emphasis from the US dollar to their currency.

Putin is not making a mistake. He's gearing up for a world without US influence along with China, Brazil, India, Saudi Arabia and others are joining. Why? The world knows the US is the problem. Russia is not losing that war either.

The US starts unwanted wars, unwanted embargos and builds unwanted military bases in other countries. The world has had enough.
Not that easy. no one can be friends with China. you might have to deal with them.... now. but still. their ambitions/intentions are far higher than ours, and everyone knows it. in a word they are "Dangerous".

I'm not buying that China is dangerous but you and your woke friends have been infected by that narrative in this country. India is working with them. Saudi's are working with them. Brazil is working with them. Russia is working with them. Syria is working with them as well as Iran since China got them and the Saudi's to put aside differences and move into a working relationship. Amazing how a dialogue first avoids wars & confrontations.

China is our competitors economically, no doubt, but not dangerous. Jeff Sachs has all the details on China & Taiwan and our current buffoonery towards them. China has a split sort of government. I knew about the differences between Hong Kong and Beijing, but didn't know the governments there are also different.

I'm not buying that China is dangerous but you and your woke friends have been infected by that narrative in this country. India is working with them. Saudi's are working with them. Brazil is working with them. Russia is working with them. Syria is working with them as well as Iran since China got them and the Saudi's to put aside differences and move into a working relationship. Amazing how a dialogue first avoids wars & confrontations.

China is our competitors economically, no doubt, but not dangerous. Jeff Sachs has all the details on China & Taiwan and our current buffoonery towards them. China has a split sort of government. I knew about the differences between Hong Kong and Beijing, but didn't know the governments there are also different.

A George Soros paid for mouthpiece ? really ?
not my hero 🇨🇳

$50 million
But who's counting

There's a lot more to google. Jeff Sachs not a new thing.

I couldn't read the Intercept article. It's an independent news site that has a paywall.

If you read the details from Philanthropy Roundtable, it says Soros donated money to the Millenium Villages Project which was "trumpeted by economist Jeff Sachs as the solution to poverty in Africa". Sachs didn't get any money and it's consistent with his speeches that helping countries with money to build infrastructure garners favor better with the people of those countries than using threats of war, and embargos.

The OUN article isn't about Sachs. It's criticism surrounding how the MVP project is being evaluated or not.

Anyway, I always knew Sachs is a Democrat. I should say was because cancel culture got him for calling out the war in Ukraine for what it is. An unwinnable proxy war with Russia that risks mutual nuclear annihilation. Sachs is no longer down with the current Democrats. Furthermore, it was never written that Sachs accepted Soros' money anywhere.

I don't know why anyone would. Sachs is not a politician. He is a professor with a degree in economics and was an ambassador.

I get it though. Your woke friends post stuff claiming one thing hoping a scan of the headline is all there is to see.

Look you are my friend ....ok ?

I don't NEED links to understand whos on first or what a strike is. I've been at this since 1960, Nixon Kennedy debates.

Sachs is a ______. but you are free to enjoy him. some people enjoy (ed) the Clinton Foundation. these people are all the same. they will disagree once in awhile .....but.

paywall ?

Have you committed a felony yet? Probably so.
By George F. Will

Supreme Court Justice Neil M. Gorsuch’s new book, which slays a cliché, should disturb prudent citizens. His readers will never again say ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it. If prosecutors had the inclination, most Americans could be convicted of felonies.

In “Over Ruled: The Human Toll of Too Much Law,” Gorsuch, with his co-author, Janie Nitze, notes that the Roman emperor Caligula posted new laws on columns so high, and written in a hand so small, that people could not read them, and hence lived in dread of committing criminal infractions. Gorsuch is too judicious to say so, but an ideological tendency is primarily responsible for the resemblance between Caligula’s Rome and this Republic. That tendency is progressivism.

Less than a century ago, Gorsuch notes, a single volume contained all federal statutes. By 2018, they filled 54 volumes — about 60,000 pages. In the past 10 years, Congress has enacted about 2 million to 3 million words of law each year. The average length of a bill is nine times what it was in the 1950s. Agencies publish their proposals and final rules in the Federal Register, which began at 16 pages in 1936, and now expands by an average of more than 70,000 pages annually. By 2021, the Code of Federal Regulations filled about 200 volumes. And in a recent 10-year span, federal agencies churned out approximately 13,000 guidance documents.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse? It is inevitable. Recently, Congress has added an average of 56 new federal crimes every year. Some scholars say — no one really knows — there are more than 5,000 federal statutory crimes. And at least 300,000 federal agency regulations — none written by Congress — carry criminal sanctions.

Of the many illustrative episodes Gorsuch recounts, even the ludicrous are sinister. After a children’s show at a Missouri library, a magician was accosted by an Agriculture Department official who demanded, “Show me your license.” For what? For using a three-pound bunny in his act. Decades ago, Congress had passed a law requiring dealers of certain animals for research to have federal licenses, then amended the law to require licenses for animal “exhibitors,” such as “carnivals, circuses, and zoos.”

The magician’s license imposed obligations: surprise inspections of his home, the requirement to notify the government of his out-of-town itineraries and contingency plans for hypothetical disasters that might endanger his bunny. A federal bureaucrat said his travel cage needed a sticker pointing up to indicate how to carry it. The magician said perhaps the handle on top sufficed. No, the bureaucrat said, and the government sent him 200 stickers pointing up.

In October 2003, pistol-packing federal agents dressed in black body armor poured from three pickup trucks to place a 67-year-old Georgia man in handcuffs and leg shackles for the alleged crime of importing orchids without proper documentation. Criminal law no longer enforces, in Gorsuch’s words, “a relatively small number of pretty intuitive and widely accepted norms.”

Increasingly, it expresses progressivism’s incontinent itch to boss people around, and a nasty thirst to punish deviations from ever-more-minute strictures promulgated by experts whose expertise supposedly encompasses how everyone else should live. As a result, Gorsuch says, a legal scholar estimates that “70 percent of adult Americans today have committed an imprisonable offense — many, maybe most, without even knowing it.”

Such conformity-enforcing progressivism encourages vindictive meanness. Until a unanimous Supreme Court swatted it down, Philadelphia, displeased with Catholic Social Services’ refusal to place children in foster care with same-sex couples, blocked children reentering foster care from reuniting with siblings who were with CSS families.

Progressives think progress depends upon (that is, they sometimes define progress as) the concentration of power as high as possible in government’s regulatory apparatus. Hence, between 1960 and 2019, the 900 percent increase in federal grants to states — from $70 billion (adjusted for inflation) to $700 billion — came with strings, resembling chains, attached.

James Madison foresaw our current condition, in which laws are “so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood,” and “undergo such incessant changes that no man, who knows what the law is today, can guess what it will be tomorrow.” Hence, Madison’s paradox: The multiplication of laws undermines the rule of law. “Law is defined to be a rule of action; but how can that be a rule, which is little known, and less fixed?”

What we have become is unbecoming of a free people. Caligula’s ghost is grinning.

Well first Liz now Dick.

What a joke. To Democrats this man was like the face of evil in the mid 2000s.. and rightfully so to an extent. I can't be convinced the Halliburton connections didn't have anything to do with Iraq.

But hey he supports Democracy. So yeah let's forget this man was the face of evil some 15 years ago. I mean he hates Trump so it's all good in the hood. I mean shit Dubya hangs out with Ellen these days and is good friends with Michele Obama.

I mean seriously again what a joke. But after all this guy is a neoconservative so not surprising he'd love Harris

Well first Liz now Dick.

What a joke. To Democrats this man was like the face of evil in the mid 2000s.. and rightfully so to an extent. I can't be convinced the Halliburton connections didn't have anything to do with Iraq.

But hey he supports Democracy. So yeah let's forget this man was the face of evil some 15 years ago. I mean he hates Trump so it's all good in the hood. I mean shit Dubya hangs out with Ellen these days and is good friends with Michele Obama.

I mean seriously again what a joke. But after all this guy is a neoconservative so not surprising he'd love Harris

The message of the past 7 years is this.
Never ever again elect a POTUS that we DC insiders don't approve of.
that simple folks.

Top Bottom