Browns - Stefanski | Page 5 | Barking Hard

Browns Stefanski

I dare say KS showed how to beat their defense and Schwartz the same for their offense.
Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

The continued force fed use of Ford, who is horrific
He has his moments but they are few and far between but your next comment may be the forcing factor.
he started Hunt, who also looked good but came up gimpy which is unfortunately the problem with Hunt
I’d imagine KS would much rather start and use the better RB as would any other coach.
Also the jet sweeps with Moore ...such trash
This one I cant understand and agree totally, it hasn’t worked, why keep trying it!

Hunt looks like he's just about done with football physically. I think he's a bit better but 10 carries a game and 3 pass plays is where I'd max him out right now. I know Hunt's hurt so that can change if he heals up but that will be tough without a bye.

Stefanski is one first down yesterday, and then a win this coming Sunday, away from having one of the top records in the AFC. That's with running back by committee, and complete shit QB play and a horrible turnover margin.

Sure, you need Schwartz and Bubba, but if we want to credit someone, then it ought to be Andrew Berry.

For Bubba, AB found Hopkins (all pro level right now), Bojorquez (60+ yard bombs on the regular)
For Schwartz, AB hit 100% homeruns on the D-line. The safety room is panning out too.
For Stefanski, meanwhile, his offense has been without it's two top players, and still, is number 2 in yards rushed/game (he gets to get some credit there), and nearly last in turnover ratio (he's not making the poor on field choices).

I'm not making excuses, but there are some explanations in there. If all of this was happening with a healthy Chubb and at least an average Watson, then we'd 100% have a problem.

What's Shannahan's excuse for losing the last 3? How the fuck did Andy Reid only score 9 yesterday? Bums I tell ya.

Kevin's not all good, and not above criticism, but man have we had worse.

AB gets some credit sure. But without the right coaches those players went where?

Don't the Browns have more turnovers than anybody in the league? It's the coaches responsibility to put players in a position to succeed. It's always something.

Callahan has everything to do with the RB production.

I think Stefanski does have a strength, which is scripting plays ahead of time. And I do feel like he has improved in some aspects. But if you subtract Stefanski and pick pretty much any other HC candidate, but keep the rest of the coaching staff in place, are we doing any worse? Which leads me to wonder ...how does he make us better? You can look at several coaches on this team and see how they contribute, with Kevin, his Denny's menu, and his analytics ...I am struggling.

He is surrounded by talent on the coaching staff and roster ...and yes I can buy that the QB is crippling him. That begs the ask ....wtf is he passing it with the game on the line? He just does stupid shit that good coaches don't do it seems like pretty much every Sunday. Maybe it's the peanut counters in his ear. But he is running out of time. He needs to show something. He needs to instill confidence in his team, and especially Watson. I don't know that he has it in him. This team currently still has confidence for one reason, the defense exudes it and it trickles down.

Zegura did a review of the playcalling on CBD. Stefanski isn't the problem. Missing reads is. Moore alone should have had two walk-in touchdowns.

We've said it all long, the season was dependent on Watson.

Stefanski's playcalling isn't the problem, on the whole.
Schwartz isn't the problem, even though his defense gave up two winning drives in the last 3 games (but luckily the Niners rookie kicker missed it).
Bubba isn't the problem, and he is good, and was gifted with Hopkins and Corey B.

Heck, the problem isn't even the Chubb injury. We're running the shit out of the ball, when compared to the rest of the league.

The problem is QB play. With average QB play, we would have won the Seahawks and Steelers game, and the organization would be on cloud nine.

Come on Watson, get the fuckin' lead out. Now.
I kind of wish we would have traded for Jameis yesterday. If we're going to have a QB who throws INT's, lets also have him throw TD's as well. (yes, I stole that idea from CBD)

If Watson doesn't come around, we are in lockstep the Steelers. Very good defense, very good specials, but offense is hampered by the QB issues. We're no more than a "tough out" for opponents, but no real post season threat, even if we squeak in.

I’m not on a Stefanski campaign, even though it may look like it, but this list of coaching records is what I have no interest in returning to:

IMG_6870.jpeg

I'm not a Stefanski hater. But he should have run the ball on 3rd down. 4-3 at this point is acceptable, could be worse.

Don't play Watson until he's 100%. That said, this week would be a good game for him to get a little live time in before the big division games start.

I'm not a Stefanski hater. But he should have run the ball on 3rd down. 4-3 at this point is acceptable, could be worse.

Don't play Watson until he's 100%. That said, this week would be a good game for him to get a little live time in before the big division games start.
The calls always look wrong in hindsight, especially from our couches. I can pretty much guarantee if than ran and didn't get it many do the same fans would be complaining he didn't pass, was a beta pussy for not being aggressive to close it out, they were expecting the run, the D was setup for a pass, played conservative, played scared, didn't trust the excellent D, etc. We have seen it when they did run in other games this year and last year. The coaches don't expect the QB to bounce the ball off another players helmet.

I saw this elsewhere, but if CLE ran, didn't convert, then punted the expected starting point for SEA would have been another 17 yards. They scored in 5 plays in under 2 minutes without having to use a timeout. There is really no reason to believe SEA would not have still went and scored a TD.

Top Bottom