Browns - Stefanski | Page 8 | Barking Hard

Browns Stefanski

KS is fine.

The last two weeks he's pulled off an almost perfect game ending, winning drive and leaving only 2 seconds on the clock yesterday. Against pit yesterday his team had (1) single penalty and a meaningless TO off a tipped pass. That's pretty damn good.

He did manage his rookie backup QB but after that loss to b'more it's understandable. In the end he opened it up and got the W.

Even while he was managing his QB there were a ton of drops that affected the score.

recieveing.jpg

Not that all incompletions are drops but we saw the obvious drops. It was excessive if you ask me. That's not on KS as much as the players. Whether it's on DTR or the receivers.

KS is fine.

The last two weeks he's pulled off an almost perfect game ending, winning drive and leaving only 2 seconds on the clock yesterday. Against pit yesterday his team had (1) single penalty and a meaningless TO off a tipped pass. That's pretty damn good.

He did manage his rookie backup QB but after that loss to b'more it's understandable. In the end he opened it up and got the W.

Even while he was managing his QB there were a ton of drops that affected the score.

View attachment 986

Not that all incompletions are drops but we saw the obvious drops. It was excessive if you ask me. That's not on KS as much as the players. Whether it's on DTR or the receivers.
Let's not also forget Njoku dropped a lot of key passes that could've sustained drives... I really have to believe TE becomes a big priority next off season.. I really think Njoku is just "Average"

Stefanski went back to being Stefanski with one of the worst offenses in the league this week. Turns out he did blunder the safety and did not in fact challenge that or try to. Talk of extending this guy beyond next year are lunacy.

One of the most vanilla, predictable offenses in the league, and that's his main job. I just don't understand Browns fan mentality of being happy with not good enough.

With coaching like we saw against Pittsburgh, I could see us losing 4 of the next 5 games.

This guy needs an alpha at QB who is willing to do his own thing or he is absolutely hapless.

Hope this is not what we get the rest of the season, if it is put me solidly in the "fire that bum" crowd. Hopefully his asshole was puckered so tight against Pittsburgh because he wanted to ease DTR in. I don't believe that, because his asshole is always puckered, but I am hoping he proves me wrong.

What blunder? He threw the red flag and the refs missed it, according to Zegura.

We scored 33 points against b'more's defense for the win. We beat the SB bound, hottest team in the league at that time, niners with a backup QB. KS showed the league how to beat them too as Cincy and the Vikings followed that up to send them on a 3 game losing streak. We just beat pit with a backup QB and are now 3-2 in the division and in play to win it ahead of pit and Cincy. With our 3rd, 4th and sometimes 5th string Tackles, backup RB's and guys dropping balls.

I agree, it looks like shit, no doubt. It's not on KS. This team could have folded without their starting QB and gave up on the rest of the season. KS didn't allow that to happen. The locker room takes care of each other. The locker room buffoonery is gone and all with one legitimately good WR.

Why that safety even needed to be challenged is beyond me. Pickets foot was in the end zone and the ball clearly crossed! Couldn’t be an easier call!

I turned off Thursday night football after a PI where there was no contact what so ever. I love the NFL but they need to do something!

Why that safety even needed to be challenged is beyond me. Pickets foot was in the end zone and the ball clearly crossed! Couldn’t be an easier call!

I turned off Thursday night football after a PI where there was no contact what so ever. I love the NFL but they need to do something!

The whole ball carrier must be in the end zone.
...by tackling the offensive player who has the football behind his own goal line
His foot was in the field of play.
Not a safety.

Last edited:
What blunder? He threw the red flag and the refs missed it, according to Zegura.

We scored 33 points against b'more's defense for the win. We beat the SB bound, hottest team in the league at that time, niners with a backup QB. KS showed the league how to beat them too as Cincy and the Vikings followed that up to send them on a 3 game losing streak. We just beat pit with a backup QB and are now 3-2 in the division and in play to win it ahead of pit and Cincy. With our 3rd, 4th and sometimes 5th string Tackles, backup RB's and guys dropping balls.

I agree, it looks like shit, no doubt. It's not on KS. This team could have folded without their starting QB and gave up on the rest of the season. KS didn't allow that to happen. The locker room takes care of each other. The locker room buffoonery is gone and all with one legitimately good WR.
Stefanski was asked about it at the press conference. He said he thought about it and decided not to. He had the flag out but never threw it.

We will see what Stefanski has the rest of the season. But like I said, I expect a lot of losing if we have more of the same coaching we just witnessed.

He gets one more year if that's what Watson wants. But some sort of long term extension? Nonsense. All he has proven is he has terrible game day coaching abilities if he has to go off script. We are a 2-3 win team without Schwartz. Our teams "togetherness" stems from Schwartz not Stefanski. Locker room was a circus the previous two seasons before Schwartz. And Stefanski attempted to turn it into another circus with his idiot handling of Watson's injury. Same BS he pulled with Baker.

We will see what Stefanski has the rest of the season. But like I said, I expect a lot of losing if we have more of the same coaching we just witnessed.

He gets one more year if that's what Watson wants. But some sort of long term extension? Nonsense. All he has proven is he has terrible game day coaching abilities if he has to go off script. We are a 2-3 win team without Schwartz. Our teams "togetherness" stems from Schwartz not Stefanski. Locker room was a circus the previous two seasons before Schwartz. And Stefanski attempted to turn it into another circus with his idiot handling of Watson's injury. Same BS he pulled with Baker.
He won with a rookie qb, a limited one.
So I have to give him credit for that.
They came out and pretty much stopped the whole steelers offense except one guy for a couple plays, but I can hardly blame bad coaching for that.

Watson was a bad trade and Baker was in a circus after his rookie season.

KS is still the HC and as HC he agreed to bring in Schwartz and allow him to infuse togetherness instead of treating him like a dope. KS welcomed him in as well as Bubba Ventrone. So the justified praise for Schwartz' expertise will always be subservient to KS as the HC.

That said KS went "off script" and allowed DTR to throw the ball to win the game. That was KS' 4 minute offense. The same 4 minute offense that beat b'more's D has now beat pit's D. And the niners D I think. I'm not sure what the clock was at offhand on that GW FG..

He's won with Baker, a rusty or injured DeShawn, then a pile of back-ups and rookies.

What's McDaniels excuse?
And McVay?
And Belichick?
And that Chargers dude?
And Sean Payton, with a Healthy Russ, ought to be 7-3, I'd think.
Let's see what Zac Taylor does without a QB1. Last I checked, he was at a Hue Jackson level of winning.

Andy Reid should never lose a game.

Yes, KS has had a lights out kicker and a heckuva defense, but I'd only discredit KS if he had a healthy QB1, RB1, OT1, OT2, and OT3 and was unprodutive, and not figuring out how to get enough points to win. But he is.

Every week has it's challenges. This week, it was overcoming like 7 drops. Njoku (5?), Moore, Kareem, Ford all had drops. Maybe the 62mph from DTR is quite a difference between Watsons 48mph (I believe those were the respective combine velo's).

I just know I don't want to go back to tanking for draft picks. Maybe I have early century PTSD, and I am totally okay with being competitive (vs clearly Super Bowl bound), and 100% don't care what it looks like.

Top Bottom